• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

New addition to crew

Started by SiR gUt, September 15, 2005, 11:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Think Dodger should be added to board members?

Yes
5 (62.5%)
No
3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

anima

Quote from: The_Guest on May 09, 2006, 01:00:11 AM

So, we're at a stalemate now, unless you think that the Soviet Union was going to win this war. FYI, the Soviets' were highly outnumber, out-powered and they were also in the midst of a revolution. Not exactly prime-time fighting a war conditions, now are they.

Hmm. Ever heard of battle of Stalingrad? The german war machine advanced swiftly into the soviet union but Hitler decided winter would be the best time to do it. Unfortunately for the Germans, they were not use to the conditions and could not advance on Moscow due to Russia's more adapted guerrilla units. Also, when the Germans finally advanced on the city of Stalingrad they believed they were making progress but were embarrasingly defeated. Losing precious time, resources and man power, the german war machine wasn't at its fall strength as the soviets moved outwards while the germans fell on the western front.

The_Gu3st

Mmm and your point is? That really isn't to cognitive with this discussion since it was one battle that was won, and it hardly affected German morale. Soviet Russia was at no time a major threat, but a threat none-the-less. It was nothing that couldn't have been held off by Germany's vast Army.

Why do you think Russia entered the war on Germany's side? Duh.

The_Gu3st

I'd also like to point out the German U-boats had been attacking coastal shores of America for quite some time before America intervened with pearl harbor. The Submarines wern't much of a threat since they were easily detected and destroyed.

This believe it or not is a little known fact and I'm not just making up some bullshit. I live in mid-florida and there's a pretty famous restaurant by here that used to be a war station that was attacked by U-boats. Of course they were fended off, but it was none-the-less an attack on American soil that still didn't persuade the Americans to join the war.

Don't make it sound as if the only reason America entered this was was because of Japan. There were many things prior to Pearl Harbor that America could have entered for.

anima

Your claims are not fact. You (we) can only interpret or guess the answers. The fact is it was allied forces that brought down the axis. It was a combined effect. So, stop making out America are invincible. If America were invincible they wouldnt have been pwned in 'Nam would they? Eh?

That's right, a freakin undernumbered, low tech, primitive fighting force fought off US interventions. They don't really focus on that in Us history do they? Therefore, let us put aside national pride and get drunk.

The_Gu3st

I never said I disagreed with that. However, you guys made it sound as if America's help was un-needed and that Britain could have handled everything itself. That's called bull****.

As for Vietnam, I don't really have too much knowledge about that battle, so there's not much I can say except that you're probably right. Regardless, I don't give a sh*t about that was because that is not the topic of discussion, now is it?

Dodger

Quote from: The_Guest on May 09, 2006, 01:41:19 AM
I never said I disagreed with that. However, you guys made it sound as if America's help was un-needed and that Britain could have handled everything itself. That's called bull****.

I never said that. I said that we were able to hold ground without help. I personally do not think we would have been able to win without help. But we wouldn't have lost either.

Quote from: The_Guest on May 09, 2006, 01:00:11 AM
And yeah dodger, you're right when you say there is no way to prove it, but it really just requires some logic. Prior to America's intervention in the war, America was still supplying England's ammuntion, tanks, guns, etc.

A fair point. A lot, but not all suppies came from America. But they were supplying stuff before they came into the war so why would them not joining have affected supplies? ???

At this point, France had already fallen and Germany was making advances onto England. I don't understand how Wiki can say that England was unreachable. Did you guys forget about the battle of Britain? It wasn't exactly unreachable then, was it?

The whole point of the battle of britain was that it was done in the air, BECAUSE Germany couldn't launch a frontal land attack because of our Airforce.

Ahem ahem. Unreachable, right. Fact is though, Germany lost that battle, only because of one stupid mistake: waiting (or playing the terror game). If Germany was to have not stopped that attack, Britain would not have had time to recooperate and that was where Germany went wrong.

Do you mean stopped the Air Battle? Germany stopped because we were far more advances flyers than them. They were losing.

Infact, Britianica Encyclopedia goes on as far as to say that that battle could have potentially ended the war in Germany's favor had they not waited.

Again this we will never know.

I also understand that you say how Germany couldn't advance onto Britain soil, bare with me while I pretend this is true (As if airplanes didn't exist?). So, pretending this is true, Britain also had no power to set counter attacks, and all counter attacks actually failed, the main one was corrupted in the Battle of Britain.

They didn't advance into Brittish soil. The Battle of Britain was in the air.
Germany were never (as far as I understand) able to attack England by land (with the exceptions of spies and rouge units and suchlike, which arn't exactly an attack force).

So, we're at a stalemate now, unless you think that the Soviet Union was going to win this war.  FYI, the Soviets' were highly outnumber, out-powered and they were also in the midst of a revolution. Not exactly prime-time fighting a war conditions, now are they.

So, who will save the day?. . . . . . perhaps. . . . America? No, couldn't be. No one needs Americas help. Silly America, wars are for strong nations.  ::)

But whatever you and Wiki say, it must be true. Right? Right? Yeah.  ::)

If we are going to continue this debate may I suggest some rules?
Back up facts with sources, no flaming, and no unrelated...ness...Sounds adequate would you say?  :)
Also it would be nice if some people thought about what was being said, instead of dismissing it.

anima

Quote from: The_Guest on May 09, 2006, 01:41:19 AM

As for Vietnam, I don't really have too much knowledge about that battle, so there's not much I can say except that you're probably right. Regardless, I don't give a sh*t about that was because that is not the topic of discussion, now is it?

hahaha. I love how this was a major part of American history yet they kinda sweep it away. Blitz also didn't know his shit when it came to 'Nam. Let's pretend it didn't happen eh?

Dodger

Educational System in America. That would be a topic of debate  ;)

The_Gu3st

Quote from: anima on May 09, 2006, 02:10:01 AM
hahaha. I love how this was a major part of American history yet they kinda sweep it away. Blitz also didn't know his shit when it came to 'Nam. Let's pretend it didn't happen eh?

Actually, I was interested in it. We were going to cover it this year in AP World, but we were cramming at the end and didn't get to anything Post-1937  :-\

Quote from: Dodger on May 09, 2006, 02:05:26 AM
If we are going to continue this debate may I suggest some rules?
Back up facts with sources, no flaming, and no unrelated...ness...Sounds adequate would you say?  :)
Also it would be nice if some people thought about what was being said, instead of dismissing it.

I like the rules, but I really don't want to take the time to back up my sources by finding valid internet sites. I know what I know and from what I've learned, and my source will be me.

This is just a little forum debate, or dicussion as anima likes to say, on what could have happened if it hadn't have been for America. I don't really feel like typing anymore history, I was kind of relieved that my exams were over but now I feel like I'm prepping for it again. I'll reply to your other points later besides for this one:

Quote from: Dodger on May 09, 2006, 02:05:26 AM
I
A fair point. A lot, but not all suppies came from America. But they were supplying stuff before they came into the war so why would them not joining have affected supplies? ???

I don't really see what you're trying to say here. Suppose America didn't give you supplies, do you think you would have still stood a chance?

America's supplies were just one major aspect of how we helped you guys out. Technically, we didn't have to do anything to help you, we just had to drop a couple of atomic bombs on Japan and we would have had our revenge. Helping you was more of a favor than an obligation.

America took a lot of shit for helping you guys with supplies during that war, more shit than I believe was worth the money.

Not to mention, it was all paid for  ::)

anima

American History (by Americans):

One day the world was like ahh dude we suckorz. We need a land of opportunity, so Zuess was like sweeet and pooped in the atlantic. Thus born USA, USA. The USA went to africa pwned n00bs yeeha and made them slaves like a cool dude. Got very rich quick made loadsa guns and killed eachother. Got bored so they killed other, less superior countries and never lost.

THE END  ;D

The_Gu3st

Quote from: Dodger on May 09, 2006, 02:13:33 AM
Educational System in America. That would be a topic of debate  ;)

Bleh, could be improved upon, but I can't really be bothered enough to care.

Either way, America seems to be doing fine Globally and economically, so where does that out you guys?  :P

The_Gu3st

Quote from: anima on May 09, 2006, 02:20:36 AM
American History (by Americans):

One day the world was like ahh dude we suckorz. We need a land of opportunity, so Zuess was like sweeet and pooped in the atlantic. Thus born USA, USA. The USA went to africa pwned n00bs yeeha and made them slaves like a cool dude. Got very rich quick made loadsa guns and killed eachother. Got bored so they killed other, less superior countries and never lost.

THE END  ;D

:D

I <3 anima

anima

Quote from: The_Guest on May 09, 2006, 02:21:03 AM

Either way, America seems to be doing fine Globally and economically, so where does that out you guys?  :P

Yeah, and morally.

Land of the free? Whoever told you that is your enemy

The_Gu3st

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean.

Blitz

We have all had our fair share of wrong doings, it seems like America always takes the cake when people make fun of a country. Didn't Britain go to South Africa and beat the hell out of all the inhabitants there at one time, or is my memory not serving me correctly? I mean I don't want to get into this argument again, but as Guest said, we are doing fine economically.
MVP zzboots fanclub