• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

New addition to crew

Started by SiR gUt, September 15, 2005, 11:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Think Dodger should be added to board members?

Yes
5 (62.5%)
No
3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

The_Gu3st

I never thought AP world would pay off so much for me, so here goes the British Slave Trade:

When Britian began colonizing in America, they found abundant resources their that did not exist in large number in Europe. But, they didn't have the man power to work there. So, they took some things, mainly salt and potatoes and silver/gold from the Americas and imported it to Africa in return for slaves. Those slaves then went in turn to the Americas to increase production.

And I'm tired of history now so I'm just gonna stop. lol

But yeah, slaves originated because of the British.

Dodger

Yup slaves are great. Whatever. That doesn't have anything to do wth WWII  ;)

Quote from: The_Guest on May 09, 2006, 02:19:22 AM
I like the rules, but I really don't want to take the time to back up my sources by finding valid internet sites. I know what I know and from what I've learned, and my source will be me.

Okay..But just because you learnt it doesn't make it true. I'm just saying that some facts need prooving, not pointing fingers.

I don't really see what you're trying to say here. Suppose America didn't give you supplies, do you think you would have still stood a chance?

America's supplies were just one major aspect of how we helped you guys out. Technically, we didn't have to do anything to help you, we just had to drop a couple of atomic bombs on Japan and we would have had our revenge. Helping you was more of a favor than an obligation.

America took a lot of shit for helping you guys with supplies during that war, more shit than I believe was worth the money.

Not to mention, it was all paid for  ::)

Yes, but that wasn't the argument in question. You said that if America hadn't joined the war then we would have lost because we wouldn't have got any supplies. Which is untrue.
America were suppling us before they joined, so if they had not joined then why would they stop sending supplies?

Quote from: The_Guest on May 09, 2006, 02:21:03 AM
Bleh, could be improved upon, but I can't really be bothered enough to care.

Either way, America seems to be doing fine Globally and economically, so where does that out you guys?  :P

What I meant by that was that it seems to me that you only get taught the more finer points of history (eg not things that make your country look bad). Feel free to prove me wrong.

As for where does that put us, we are in a similar situation. You can even buy more Dollars for the Pound.
I do Economics for A-Level so feel free to steer the conversation in that direction.

Quote from: Blitz on May 09, 2006, 04:26:50 AM
We have all had our fair share of wrong doings, it seems like America always takes the cake when people make fun of a country. Didn't Britain go to South Africa and beat the hell out of all the inhabitants there at one time, or is my memory not serving me correctly? I mean I don't want to get into this argument again, but as Guest said, we are doing fine economically.

Didn't America do that too?
I hear 'doing well Economically' again...So lets take a look at American National Debt.
For the last 6 months the debt has been increasing by $1.95 Billion. Clocking at this point in time $8 362 548 343 577.08

For those of you who want that in perspective, if you were to spread out the debt to every person in the country, that is a total of $27 998.96 for every US inhabitant.
This puts the USA in a Balance of Payments defecit approx. $144.9 billion, and I can't find any recent statistics, that was from 2004.

I can give you the statistics for the UK later, but believe me, it's better than that. Got to go to school now.

Someone is going bring oil into this, go on, I dare you.

Bakster

Quote from: The_Guest on May 09, 2006, 01:00:11 AM
I used to have this opinion before I took AP World History this year. Actually, history does a lot of good for people. The most common answer is "we learn from out mistakes" or something of that sort and it's 100% true.

A great example would be China's Century of Humiliation (~1800 to ~1911 [or 1956]). I doubt many of you know about this, but it was when Europe was industrailizing along with many other nations. This is the time where Europe came to be a world power and many places ignored that, especially China. China didn't see Europe (Specifically Great Britian) as a threat and still regarded themselves as the center of the world. It was around the time that the opium wars took places and China's ecomomy began to dwindle and they lost many important trading ports, namely Hong Kong.

China however learned from it's mistakes, with some revolutions in 1911 and their main revolutions stemming from their "savior" Mao.

Yeah I know, boring to read, kind of boring to type too, but history really is worth it. I've begun to enjoy it a lot lately and I think I did quite decent on my AP World exam last wednesday.

So China learnt from their mistakes, big whoop-de-doo. I didn't need to know that to realise that I can learn from my mistakes.

History is still pointless en mi opinion.

Dodger

Then don't join the debate. Simple...

Bakster

I want to input my opinions on history!

Dodger

Looks like this topic died....again. No one replied to my comment.  :-\

SiR gUt

could it possibly be a slight small chance that mAYBE noone responds to you because nobody likes you???
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

Blitz

You never posted Britain's debt, as I'm sure it's right there with America. If you do decide to post it provide sources for both that and the American figures you posted earlier.

I don't really care to much about this argument....so not caring and the reason above has kept me from responding.
MVP zzboots fanclub

Dodger

At the end of 2005 general government debt was £525.9 billion in the UK.

As opposed to America's 8 trillion 362 Billion 548 million 343 hundred and 577 dollars.

Quote from: Blitz on May 11, 2006, 04:27:11 AM
You never posted Britain's debt, as I'm sure it's right there with America.

Not quite  ;)

But I know why America's is so much. But that's your side of the argument.
I thought the Guest would be the one arguing actually. He loves an excuse to rant.  :P

Dodger

Sorry, I got that written figure wrong.

Should be 8 trillion 362 Billion 548 million 343 thousand 577 hundered dollars.
Lets just call it 8 trillion.  :)

www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

haferhole1

id love to join if i didnt despise history so much. ill get in on the next rant/dabate

click my egg to get ur own

Dodger

This isn't even history anymore  :-\

anima

Quote from: Dodger on May 09, 2006, 09:56:47 AM
You can even buy more Dollars for the Pound.

Pwned. Poor wittle Dollars  :-*

The_Gu3st

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me that you get more Dollars for the Pound,so that makes your figure for the UK significantly higher in dollars.

Anyways...let's see. America is fighting a war. We contribute the most to the UN. We contribute the most to overseas rescue/emergency efforts. We are a bigger nation. We have more people. We are cooler.

Bakster