• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Battlethingz Ideas!!

Started by haferhole1, October 25, 2005, 06:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haferhole1

ok, me and ults were talkin and we came up with some good ideas.  (and reg, im admiting most of these were from ults).  im gonna post all of em, even the 1s i didnt like cuz u might be able 2 build on em

1) upgrading parts - like have an electic tail, then u can upgrade to level 2, then 3 up to like 5 they cost more and more, and do more damage.  i know they had this in old 1, but in this, u have to upgrade in order insted of go from 1 to 5

2) inventory - remember back in old game when u bought a part, then wished u didnt buy it? well, in this we can keep the parts in your inventory and put old 1 back on and then sell the old part at half the price u bought it for

3) trading room - we set a value for all the parts/items (talk about items next) and can buy them for around the same value example: u just bought a great part, but ur stuck w/ ur old basalisk head. u put it up 4 sale/trade.  lets say its value is 100 points.  u can take anywhere from 80 - 120 points or a item of equal value.  u could also put up 2 things for 30 value each and 20 points and it would equal the 80.

4) items - there cost depends on ur level.  lower level, lower cost.  u can only have 1 in ur inventory at a time. u use them before a battle and they only last for 1 battle.  they could give u like 25% more points in that match or lower others accuracy 15%.

5) payment system - no patiance with ur money? are u one of the people who buys the ceaper vesion cuz they dont want to wait to get money for better 1? well, once u have half, u can click on the down payment and it would take all points automaticly, and spend them on it.  once paid off, u get it.

6) teams - 2 v 2, u split the points if u win. simple. abilitys affect both of u, so u 1 could heal both of u, and other can attack enimey

7) team attacks - if u and a friend want to attack a really strong person, u can challange him as a team as long as ur levels are equal or less then his

8 ) team talk - theres 2 chat boxes, 1 to stratigize with teammate, and 1 to talk/taunt opponent

9) opponent finder - send out challenges to everyone within a set levels to get an opponent fast

10) types - with this, some monsters will gain resistances/weaknesses to other types.  the would be like water, fire, lightning, earth, ect... all would be weaker or stronger against eachother, electricity would beat water, water beats fire, u know the rutine

ok, i think thats it, if u have any questions, comments, ideas, or wanna help us out, post here

click my egg to get ur own

zzboots

Battlethings took as much skill, and luck, as rolling dice.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

haferhole1

how so? i was great at it. and like i said, if u have any ideas, post em.

ultswordsman

yo haffer remember the 2 surprises i planned for them tell reg
u dumbass guest that was easy to quest thanks to gut

haferhole1

i was gonna, but now there not really suprises now, are they?  o, and i forgot the 2nd 1, i only remember the Gs (u know what i mean)

ultswordsman

yea well i htink most of my ideas should be introduced to game bcuz we want all of our things  better then cgd and we want them to have diffrences
u dumbass guest that was easy to quest thanks to gut

Parsley

Who is thinking of developing a new BattleThings?

There wasn't much gameplay involved - it was too much a case of 'time in = how often you win' rather than 'skill = how often you win'

Can probably be overcome quite easily - some sort of complex skill-tree could work; or a more involved set of move/counter-moves.

Dodger

Bakster

Looking at the graphics thing I see there's only about 8 different choices for head body and tail making a total of 24...won't this game get boring and repetitive?

And since the best body parts are more expensive, I would assume that the newbies would have a sheer disadvantages against people that played longer.

haferhole1

ok, first thing, those are only the pieces i remember, there are many more.  reg said he knows most of them, but i havnt talked to him yet.  once i do, ill get the rest of the list.

next thing, this will be kinda like the other games we have, u will be able to c the users strength.  the strength will be determened by what kind/level of the parts.  you can challenge people to fight them.  it will say there name and strength.  you can either accept of decline the challenge. also, in the old game, there was a function where u could choose who could challenge you.  there would be ranks u get by how strong you are.  i dont remember them all, but the option was like this

first rank name (0-30) [ ]    2nd rank name (31-60) [ ]     3rd rank name (61-100)  [ ]
and so on...

in the [ ], you could check if u want to accept the challenge or not.  if someone that was in that power range tried to challenge you, they would automaticly get a "(user name) has declined the challenge". 

the only thing is, we would probly need to get more people here, so everyone would have to start spamming again about the site.  more people in your range, the better.  that way, newbies could face other newbies insted of pros

matlu

Quote from: Bakster on October 26, 2005, 09:33:29 PM
Looking at the graphics thing I see there's only about 8 different choices for head body and tail making a total of 24...won't this game get boring and repetitive?
Bakster, it makes 512 total possibilities :) Don't bother with it now, you'll understand later in due time at math class :)

Bakster

But the newbies won't have the best parts, and likewise the good players won't use the crappy parts.

haferhole1

ok, when the newbies 1st get in the room, they make there creature, they have 3 choices or tails, 3 bodys, and 3 heads.  they pick what they want there monster to start with. i was also thinking of giving them a set # of spending points to buy whatever they want when they win there first match.  and of course the good players will pick the better parts, thats the whole point, but we need more people to keep coming so we can have in hoping at least 5 in there at all times.  that way, newbies will be able to face other newbies and work up the the better players. 

zzboots

Here is an old post of mine on this very subject.  I still agree with it, though I did notice some spelling and gramatical errors.

Quote from: zzboots on July 12, 2005, 12:38:06 AM
While I didn't play battle thingz all that often I still played it enough to provide a few comments.

-First off there was always huge gaps between the stronger monsters and weaker monsters.  So people had a limited number of opponents to play against.  Then everyone would try to take advantage of new players.

-Instead of playing the game as it was intended, people would instead trade for points.  One person would kill another person's weak monster and then they would switch.  They put a 5 kill limit to try to stop these trades but they still occurred way too frequently.

-Then of course there was the monster parts themselves.  There were some parts that were always over powering so all of the top players had the same basic monsters.

-I agree that the game was basically just luck.  There really wasn't any skill in picking the right parts once everyone knew what ones were best.  And then it was just picking random actions in order to defeat your opponent.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

haferhole1

ok, thx for the input

Quote from: zzboots on October 27, 2005, 03:58:44 AM
-First off there was always huge gaps between the stronger monsters and weaker monsters.  So people had a limited number of opponents to play against.  Then everyone would try to take advantage of new players.

theres nothing we can do to stop people from taking advantage of newbies.  people even do it in cyber battles.  as for the gaps, i dont know what to do.  im open for suggestions.  aim me, post here, pm me, i dont care

-Instead of playing the game as it was intended, people would instead trade for points.  One person would kill another person's weak monster and then they would switch.  They put a 5 kill limit to try to stop these trades but they still occurred way too frequently.

ok, this 1 i have a solution 4.  we could make it like cyber battles, u win, u get 2 points and other person loses 2 points.  that way, if they "traded" they would end up with same amount of points they started with. 

-Then of course there was the monster parts themselves.  There were some parts that were always over powering so all of the top players had the same basic monsters.

i know, and this will get fixed, so theres more of a ballance. 

-I agree that the game was basically just luck.  There really wasn't any skill in picking the right parts once everyone knew what ones were best.  And then it was just picking random actions in order to defeat your opponent.

well, like i just said, im gonna ballance it out, so everyone wont have same parts.  there was a stratagy involved though.  as for me, i blocked until they ran out of energy, and as they were chargeing, i would attack and heal.

but if u dont like the game, dont play it, its as simple as that