• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

1 vs 1, 8 Man Tourny 3/5

Started by SiR gUt, March 01, 2006, 12:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiR gUt

Well me and dodger decided to do an 8 man tournament this sunday. Here are the rules.

Sign ups are open as of now www.cyberbattlestournament.com/Tourny under tournament 4 and only players with a rating of 300+ can sign up. When you sign up, make sure you put your rating next to your name. There will be no subs this tournament and if you do not show up when the tournament starts, you are automatically disqualified. If the game freezes or somehow lose connection because of duelboard server, you automatically lose that match. Pairings will be done highest rating vs the lowest rating. I hope that me and dodger can make this tournament a success, like in the past and hopefully this wont be a disaster. Also we are really hoping everyone who signs up, shows up. We are sorry for the team tournament inconvenience. We hope to see you all there.

- gUt - Dodger

Date - March 5th 2006

Times for the Tournament:
----------------------
2     PM   Eastern
----------------------
1     PM   Central
----------------------
12   PM   Mountain
----------------------
11   AM   Pacific
----------------------
7     PM   London, England
----------------------
8     PM   (See list of following countries)
Paris, France
Berlin, Germany
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Brussels, Belgium
Vienna, Austria
Madrid, Spain
Rome, Italy
Bern, Switzerland
Stockholm, Sweden
Oslo, Norway
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

The_Gu3st

Count me in  ;)

I'm interested to see how this turns out.

Rating: 1042

Quote from: SiR gUt on March 01, 2006, 12:17:26 AM
Times for the Tournament:
----------------------
2 PM Eastern
----------------------
1 PM Central
----------------------
12 PM Mountain
----------------------
11 AM Pacific
----------------------
7 PM London, England
----------------------
8 PM (See list of following countries)
Paris, France
Berlin, Germany
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Brussels, Belgium
Vienna, Austria
Madrid, Spain
Rome, Italy
Bern, Switzerland
Stockholm, Sweden
Oslo, Norway

This looks familiar by the way. Some amazing person must've written it up.  8)

Dodger

Tourny is listed as Cyber Battles Tournament 4.

QuoteRating: 1042
I thought you were quitting at 1000?  :P

Dodger

To avoid confusion in this tourny  :-\, the RULES of which we will be following can be found here : http://www.cyberbattlestournament.com/rules.html

It is assumed that all players who participate in the Tourny are aware of these rules.

The_Gu3st

Quote from: Dodger on March 01, 2006, 12:22:37 AM
I thought you were quitting at 1000?  :P

All those points came from tournament day.

MathWiz20

Awesome that there's gonna be another tournament.  I want to see how I do against you guys 1 on 1  ;)

I signed up...my rating is 580ish...it fluctuates because I play a little bit each day.
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

The_Gu3st

Here's my suggestion:

If more than 8 people sign up with over 300 points, I think who ever has the higher points should get to play even if they sign up after the 8 player cut off.

Example: You have 8 players already and then cDigital says he want to play. I think that the person who signed up with the least points should get the boot and cDigital would get on.

It might also help make players show up. Kinda like putting their reputation on the line.

SiR gUt

if more than 8 people sign up I can still manage the brackets, i think.... but i will think about your idea and talk it over with dodger
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

MathWiz20

I actually think that the possibility of the elimination of a player due to a higher player signing up would cause a decrease in popularity of the tournaments.

Here's why:

1.  People would just think the tournaments are like a private thing for you guys who have been playing the longest and are all friends.  Nobody who just happened to find the site say a month ago (like me) would be able to play at all.

2.  This game is a LOT of luck.  I think it is fair to say that everyone on the high scores probably has the same SKILL level.  You can only be so good at this game.  The rest is luck and the length of time you play for.  If not everyone on the high scores had the same skill level, then Jacob and I would never have won the team tournament.  I think once you make it to the high scores, rating means nothing when it comes to SKILL.

Plus I think these tournaments are supposed to be a measure of who is the most SKILLED at this game, so I don't think it's fair to exclude players who just haven't been playing for as long.  Please consider this ok? 
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

Dodger

Quote from: MathWiz20 on March 01, 2006, 09:25:46 PM
1.  People would just think the tournaments are like a private thing for you guys who have been playing the longest and are all friends.  Nobody who just happened to find the site say a month ago (like me) would be able to play at all.

I'm sorry that you won't be able to play, but it's only 300 points. You are a skilled player, and I'm sure that if we have another Tourney like this then you will have enough points.
[Edit : My bad  :P] This, however is likely to be just a one off trial, to see if we can have a non-hassle tournament (small number of players, who all know the rules). Next tournament will most likely be back to normal.

2.  This game is a LOT of luck.  I think it is fair to say that everyone on the high scores probably has the same SKILL level.  You can only be so good at this game.  The rest is luck and the length of time you play for.  If not everyone on the high scores had the same skill level, then Jacob and I would never have won the team tournament.  I think once you make it to the high scores, rating means nothing when it comes to SKILL.

Good point, but I disagree that everyone on the high score table has the same skill level (and I know this will receive a lot of feedback of people arguing with me) but I know that most of the people above me in the table are better than me (I am 11th last time I was on) and I am fairly even with the people around me.
Although a lot of people say that most of the top scorers are only so high because they play so much, I don't think that is the extent of it. I know a lot of people that play (or used to play) all the time and are low on the scoreboard, or not on it at all. And everyone knows that Anima breezed to the top of the scoreboard after only a small amount of games (also Silencer), two very skilled players.
Overall I think that skill is represented in your points, but points don't always represent your skill  ;)

Plus I think these tournaments are supposed to be a measure of who is the most SKILLED at this game, so I don't think it's fair to exclude players who just haven't been playing for as long.  Please consider this ok? 

I'll consider your points, but you consider that this will probably only be a one off tourney, and we can't please everyone  ;).

The_Gu3st

Uhm... Dodger... Mathwiz has almost 600 points.   ::)

And I suggested the highest scores play because there is more reputation and possibly more devotion involved. That way, maybe they'll all show up.

Dodger

Quote from: The_Gu3st on March 02, 2006, 12:54:07 AM
Uhm... Dodger... Mathwiz has almost 600 points.   ::)

Oops  :) I didn't know this, I assumed he had less than 300 because of this :

QuoteNobody who just happened to find the site say a month ago (like me) would be able to play at all.

Sorry...  ;D

The_Gu3st

Can I assume you are a retard because you assumed he has less than 300 points?

Just curious.

Dodger

If you had seen me say:

"People who are retards (like me) wouldn't be able to play at all"

Then yes you would be able to assume I am a retard.
But because I didn't say that, YOU CANT!!! Mwahahah!

anima

This game is a LOT of luck. I think it is fair to say that everyone on the high scores probably has the same SKILL level. You can only be so good at this game. The rest is luck and the length of time you play for. If not everyone on the high scores had the same skill level, then Jacob and I would never have won the team tournament. I think once you make it to the high scores, rating means nothing when it comes to SKILL.

ahh the oldest, most controversial and debatable argument on the board. i think skill is the dominant factor in this game. most of the time the skilled player will win, but yes luck can be a decider. some of the top players are real badasses  :P

Quote from: Dodger on March 01, 2006, 10:06:56 PM

Anima breezed to the top of the scoreboard after only a small amount of games (also Silencer), two very skilled players.

:-*